Monday 24 October 2011

Book covers

As November draws close so does Nanowrimo... the month in which we create a 50k word novel between the first and thirtieth.

I intend to publish as I go on Smashwords so am creating a novel from scratch rather than working on an existing idea.  To enhance this I put out a call on Facebook for creative friends - I need a book cover.  Michael Farmer (New Splicer) answered my call and has been busy at work creating 13 different possible covers for me - dang it's hard to choose - especially when they all look so good!  There are two main ideas and both look great, it's just a case of deciding which suits the potential book best.  

This is the blurb in a nutshell, so maybe you could help me decide which one to go for:

Leo Fey runs 'Paranormal Investigations' on behalf of her mad aunt Mildred, the problem is Leo doesn't believe in the paranormal and spends most of her time spying on spouses.  Then, as her thirtieth birthday draws closer, Leo realises the paranormal does exist - or so the zombies on the underground tell her.
What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. I quite like the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellie, I am coming round to the same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the blurb, I'm inclined to go with the middle one.

    ReplyDelete